Dog parks are a great place for dogs to exercise off-leash and socialize with other dogs. Since nobody wants to be that dog owner who doesn’t supervise your pet or whose unruly dog causes problems, abiding by the rules of the dog park and always practicing proper dog park etiquette will help you and your dog have a positive experience.
Ten Tips For Keeping Your Dog Safe at the Dog Park
1. Know each dog park’s rules, and follow them.
2. Keep your dog leashed until you’re inside the park’s fenced area.
3. Never leave your dog unattended, even in an off-leash dog park.
4. Maintain voice control over your dog at all times.
5. If your dog starts to play too rough, leash him or her and leave the park immediately.
6. Don’t bring toys or treats that dogs could fight over to the dog park.
7. Keep your dog’s vaccinations up-to-date.
8. Never bring a female dog in heat to a dog park.
9. Always clean up after your dog.
10. A dog park is not the best place for small children – if children are with you, watch them closely.
Paying close attention to these Ten Tips can provide you, your dog, and other dog owners using the dog park the best experience possible.