JEFFERSON CITY, MO – FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers in Franklin, Gasconade, Jefferson, Maries, and Taney counties will close at 7 pm on Saturday, June 24. But survivors of the 2017 flooding and severe storms can still obtain help with just a phone call.
Many of the services available at recovery centers are also available on the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362. Those who use 711 or Video Relay Services may call 800-621-3362. Those who use TTY may call 800-462-7585; MO Relay 800-735-2966; CapTel 877-242-2823; Speech to Speech 877-735-7877; VCO 800-735-0135. Operators will be available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week until further notice.
The Helpline can help survivors:
- Register with FEMA
- Provide a change of address, telephone and bank account numbers and insurance information to avoid disaster assistance processing delays
- Obtain information about FEMA home inspections
- Get other questions answered about federal disaster assistance
- Get questions answered about letters from FEMA
- Learn how to appeal a FEMA decision
Having the nine-digit FEMA registration number and Zip Code of the affected property will be useful when calling the Helpline.
Disaster survivors can visit any of the other FEMA disaster centers, where representatives from FEMA and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) can answer questions on disaster assistance or low-interest disaster loans. Locations of recovery centers appear online at https://recovery.mo.gov/ and at www.fema.gov/DRC.
Applicants may also contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center by calling 800-659-2955, emailing email@example.com or visiting SBA’s website at www.sba.gov/disaster. Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals may call 800-877-8339.
Survivors can register with FEMA by:
- Going online to DisasterAssistance.gov
- Using the FEMA app for smartphones
- Calling 800-621-3362 between 6 am and 10 pm CST. Multilingual registration assistance is available. People who use 711 or Video Relay Services may call 800-621-3362. Those who use TTY may call 800-462-7585
The federal disaster declaration covers eligible losses caused by severe storms, tornadoes, straight-line winds, and flooding between April 28 and May 11, 2017 in these counties: Bollinger, Butler, Carter, Douglas, Dunklin, Franklin, Gasconade, Howell, Jasper, Jefferson, Madison, Maries, McDonald, Newton, Oregon, Osage, Ozark, Pemiscot, Phelps, Pulaski, Reynolds, Ripley, Shannon, St. Louis, Stone, Taney, and Texas.