Join us for the 2019 Meramec Marathon Paddle Race!
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Packet Pickup: 7:30-8:30 am
Race Announcements: 8:30 am
RACE BEGINS: 9 am
Hosted by Alpine Shop
Marathon Race* (Route has changed due to flooding in the lower Meramec)
It’s the BIG adventure – tackle 26 miles on the Meramec River! The Marathon Paddle Race begins at the Robertsville State Park – Boat Ramp and ends at Route 66 State Park – Boat Ramp.
Half-Marathon Race* (Route location TBD due to flooding in the lower Meramec)
Or, you may choose the shorter route option (approximately 8.2 miles, due to permits).
Either way, you’ll experience the under-appreciated beauty of this section of our Meramec River. You’ll pass huge bluffs and see lots of wildlife on your way into southwest St. Louis county as you complete this challenging paddle race. If you have any questions about which race may be better for you, please contact one of the friendly kayak instructors at the Alpine Shop at 314-775-2142.
*Routes are subject to change due to flooding at start and/or finish line. For more information, route updates, and Race Maps, click here.
- A kayak or canoe is required to participate in this race and will not be provided by Alpine Shop
- ALL racers are required to wear a Coast Guard Approved PFD (Personal Floatation Device) zipped up at ALL times during the race, or you will be disqualified.
- No alcohol allowed in your boat, or on you while racing (If you are caught with alcohol you will be disqualified, and never race with us again)
- Participants 16-years-old and under need to be accompanied by an adult
The Alpine Shop Off-Road Racing League is sponsoring this event, so there will be plenty of food, drinks, and door prizes!
Regular Registration through June 7, 2019 (No shirt guarantee after June 4):
Solo – $55. Tandem – $95.
Late Registration from June 7 – June 15, 2019 at 5:00 pm:
Solo – $85. Tandem – $125.
Your Entry Fee Includes:
- Technical T- shirt
- Professional Race photos – FREE!
- Swag and prizes
- Lots of FUN!!
Register Now! Please note: There will be no Race Day Registration and only 200 boats will be allowed.
Registrants: Click here to register as a Paddler, view additional information, and get the Schedule of Events. Note: You will be required to sign a Liability Waiver.
Volunteers needed! Click here to register as a Volunteer.
Hope to see you there!