Department: Parks and Recreation
The Facility Aide position is a custodian position that provides a clean, safe environment for customers. Assists in the administration of the standard operating policies and procedures of the department.
Manager is assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains cleanliness of indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Provides set-up and take-down of rooms for classes, special events, and activities.
- Operates floor buffers, vacuums, carpet cleaners, and other mechanical sweepers.
- Assists with citywide special events and works with contractors to provide facility support.
- Maintains work records and service records of all equipment.
- Maintains a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment and restrooms.
- Keeps building and grounds neat and clean.
- Assists in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment as needed.
- Performs preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of staff.
- Regulates heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide appropriate temperatures and ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
- Performs normal maintenance activities such as changing light bulbs and unclogging drains as needed.
- Inspects machines and equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Follows established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Provides professional and friendly customer service for all age groups.
- Plans and prepares for activities according to the activity calendar.
- Maintains materials and supplies, stocks and restocks items for customer use, presents a clean professional facility.
- Follows proper opening and closing procedures for facilities.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures.
- Follows all safety and sanitation policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PERIPHERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (MARGINAL FUNCTIONS)
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent
Education and Experience:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to analyze safety situations.
- Ability to anticipate problems.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment.
- Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to reliably and predictably carry out duties.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Knowledge of departmental programs, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of facility maintenance, sanitary cleaning procedures, and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building maintenance.
Valid license to operate motor vehicles in the state of Missouri.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Cleaning and floor care equipment. Janitorial equipment and including floor buffers, steam cleaner, carpet cleaners, washers, vacuums, mops, brooms, and dusting equipment. Painting equipment. Light handtools. Phone; fax, copy machine, postage machine, and motor vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, or risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in the office, and moderate to loud in the facility and outdoors.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee.
Regardless of any provision above, the employee remains an employee at-will as that term has been defined under the laws of the State of Missouri.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of difficulty that will be required of positions that are given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision. The use of particular expression or illustration describing those duties shall not be held to exclude other essential functions, responsibilities or duties not mentioned in this description that are of similar kind or level.
To apply, download and complete the following application.