The Attendant position is a customer service position who waits on the public. The Attendant may be assigned to a wide range of locations in Parks and Recreation, including the golf course, concessions, kids club, fitness classes, and hostess areas. Assists in the administration of the standard operating policies and procedures of the department.
Manager is assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides professional and friendly customer service for all age groups.
- Prepares, organizes, and cleans all equipment and materials used for programming.
- Plans and prepares for activities according to the activity calendar.
- Ensures all customers have been registered or checked in for programs.
- Maintains materials and supplies, stocks and restocks items for customer use, presents a clean professional facility.
- Processes cash payments and tenders change, maintains accurate cash handling, opening and closing of registers, and handling customer issues.
- Takes orders for concessions and products available.
- Follows proper opening and closing procedures for facilities.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures.
- Follows all safety and sanitation policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PERIPHERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (MARGINAL FUNCTIONS)
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent
Education and Experience:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and use good judgment, initiative and resourcefulness with the public, department employees and other City officials.
- Ability to follow written and verbal assignments and to report updates as appropriate
- Ability to maintain a valid license to operate motor vehicles in the state of Missouri and the skills and abilities to operate department vehicles safely within specified vehicle operating procedures and departmental standards.
- Ability to perform cashier duties accurately; ability to effectively meet and deal with the public; ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to reliably and predictably carry out duties.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work independently, as necessary.
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
Valid license to operate motor vehicles in the state of Missouri.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Cash register, 10-key calculator, phone, fax, copy machine, postage machine, and motor vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. Regardless of any provision above, the employee remains an employee at-will as that term has been defined under the laws of the State of Missouri. This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of difficulty that will be required of positions that are given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision. The use of particular expression or illustration describing those duties shall not be held to exclude other essential functions, responsibilities or duties not mentioned in this description that are of similar kind or level.
To apply, download and complete the following application.