The public is invited to attend the Grand Opening of Jim Edwards Archery Park on June 14, 2018 at 10 am at 1136 Telegraph Road, Arnold, MO 63010.
The Jim Edwards Archery Park was built through the generous support of the Missouri Department of Conservation, The Arnold Jaycees, the National Wild Turkey Federation, and the City of Arnold.
An archery competition for youth, hosted by the National Wild Turkey Federation, will follow the conclusion of the ceremony.
The competition includes three age divisions: 7-10, 11-14, and 15-18. Winners of each division will be awarded a bow donated by the Arnold Jaycees. The bows come with a package allowing the bow to be individually-fitted for growth throughout life.
The Competition will be sponsored by the Arnold Jaycees and hosted by the National Wild Turkey Federation. The general guidelines and rules for the competition are as follows:
- It is suggested that you bring your own bow with 4 arrows for the competition.
- If you don’t have your own bow, some genesis bows and arrows will be available to use for those who do not have their own bow.
- If you are a beginner and have never shot before, you will need to take a brief introduction to shooting before being allowed to compete in the interest of safety to all participating. This brief introductory instruction will be hosted onsite by the National Wild Turkey Federation.
- Each person will have the opportunity to shoot 4 arrows for scoring.
- Prizes will be awarded at the sole discretion of the National Wild Turkey Federation and the Arnold Parks and Recreation Department. Their rulings are final.
- The age guidelines are 7-10, 11-14, and 15-18 years of age for the competition categories.
- The First Prize award in each category has been donated by the Arnold Jaycees and is a Bow Package valued at over $500.
Additional inquiries will be answered as quickly as possible on the new Archery Park Facebook page. Hope to see you all there!