The City of Arnold is accepting applications for the 2017 Utility Tax Rebate during the month of October 2017. To qualify for a refund, you must satisfy the following requirements.
- Be a resident living within the city limits of Arnold
- 62 years of age or older, or certified as totally disabled
- Total household income must not exceed $30,000 annually
To receive the refund, the following documents must be presented. (Without the proper documents, the City cannot process the application and the City cannot make copies for you:
- Proof of age (copy of Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, etc.)
- Proof of total income for the year (Wages, Pensions, Unemployment, Social Security Checks, Public Assistance of any kind, Interest, Dividends – 2016 tax return provides this information)
- Paid gas and/or electric bills for March 2017 through August 2017 (Bill will show amount of Arnold City Tax paid – only the Arnold City Tax will be included in calculating the amount of a refund.)
- Copy of proof of ownership (Deed, Real Estate Tax Receipt, etc. If renting, copy of a Rent Receipt or Lease Agreement.)
- For Disability Refund – Recent letter of disability and copy of recent check from Social Security.
Only residents within the city limits of Arnold, who pay an Arnold tax on their utility bills, are eligible. Applications must be postmarked by October 31, 2017.
Download a form at UTILITY REBATE FORMS, or pick up an application in the lobby of Arnold City Hall at 2101 Jeffco Blvd.