The City of Arnold offers many opportunities for residents and visitors as well as retail, manufacturing, and warehousing businesses.
With an abundance of single-family homes, apartments, retirement communities, well-maintained streets, low taxes, and the highly-rated Fox C-6 School District, Arnold is considered a premier place to live, shop, work, and play. With easy access to major highways in the Greater St. Louis region, Arnold enjoys a thriving business community of retail stores, restaurants, manufacturing, warehousing, and professional services.
The Arnold Recreation Center offers indoor and outdoor pools as well as a wide range of activities perfect for both individual and team participation. Arnold features nine city-owned Parks with 400-plus acres of green space and natural preserve areas set aside for picnicking, boating, fishing, sports, trailblazing, and leisure activities, including Jim Edwards Archery Park and Arnold Jaycees Skate Park. Both families and individuals will enjoy our seasonal Farmers Market and two Dog Parks.
Check out current City of Arnold demographics below!
City of Arnold Statistics At A Glance
Land Area – 11.58 square mile
Population – 21,113
Households – 8,219
Persons per Household – 2.56
High School Graduate or Higher – 85.7%
Bachelor’s Degree or Higher – 19.2%
Median Household Income – $60,535
Unemployment – 2.3%
(2017 U.S. Census Estimates, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for Sept. 2018)
Firm / Number of Employees
Fox C-6 School District – 1,800
Convergys – 710
Walmart Supercenter – 370
Metal Container Corp. – 300
Sinclair and Rush – 258
LMC Industries – 250
St. Louis Bridge Construction – 250
The City of Arnold Department of Finance is responsible for accounting, budget preparation and payroll/benefit administration. The Department’s objective is to ensure fiscal responsibility in budgeting and to act responsibly as custodians of the public trust. The Department is responsible for:
- All financial and accounting functions
- Cash management and investment
- Budget preparation
- Insurance coverage
- Comprehensive Financial Reports
Located in the heart of the St. Louis metropolitan region, Arnold is accessed directly by Interstate 55 (two interchanges), US 61, and MO 141, and is within a 30-minute drive to downtown St. Louis, St. Louis Lambert International Airport, and virtually all of St. Louis County.
Lambert – St. Louis International Airport is ranked as the 66th busiest airport in North America for aircraft operations, 32th for passenger totals, and 66th for cargo operations in 2017 by the Federal Aviation Administration Air Carrier Activity Information System.
JeffCo Express Bus Service is a non-profit effort to operate Jefferson County’s first public transportation system – a deviated fixed-route system that seeks to provide greater transit options for people with disabilities while serving the entire population of Jefferson County.
Cities within 350 miles of Arnold include Chicago, Cincinnati, Des Moines, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Louisville, Memphis, Milwaukee, Nashville, and Omaha.
Arnold is home to Fox School C-6 District, a consistently top-rated public school district. The district serves Arnold and several unincorporated Jefferson County areas, including portions of Barnhart and Imperial. In 2014 the district had almost 12,000 students, while about 65,000 people total live within the district boundaries.
In addition to several private/parochial pre-K/Kindergarten programs, Arnold is home to three private/parochial primary/secondary schools, including:
- Holy Child School (PK-8)
- John’s Lutheran School (PK-8)
- People’s Christian Academy (K-12)
Many outstanding options for higher education are located in Arnold, including:
- Jefferson College-Arnold (JCA) offers courses for general transfer, Associate of Arts, Associate of Arts in Teaching, Associate of Science in Computer Information Systems, and Associate of Science in Health Information Technology. JCA also offers prerequisite courses for Nursing and other Health Science programs. In addition, JCA partners, Missouri Baptist University and Central Methodist University, offer courses that allow students to complete a Bachelor’s degree at the Arnold campus.
- Missouri Baptist University Regional Learning Center maintains a stand-alone facility in Arnold to support its partnership with Jefferson College – Arnold.
- Metro Business College offers Associate of Applied Science Degrees in Business Administration, Medical Billing & Coding Specialist, and Medical Specialist. Additionally, the college offers certificates for Administrative Assistants, Medical Assistants, and Massage Therapy.