Ward 4 Councilman
Claude “Butch” Cooley was elected to the City of Arnold Council in April 2012. He is currently serving on the Parks and Leisure Services Board and the Police Pension Review Board. Butch has been a resident of the City of Arnold for more than 65 years and was a local business owner of “Cooley Landscaping” for more than 35 years. Before retiring from Local 513 as a Hoisting Engineer, Butch had over 30 years of Heavy Equipment Operator experience.
City of Arnold Service:
- Previously served on City of Arnold Council 2001-2010.
- Founded the “Arnold Green Thumb Club,” a program to beautify the City through improved landscaping. His past work is on display at Arnold City Hall, where the plants and landscaping were all donated at no cost to City taxpayers.
- Worked with the City of Arnold Department of Public Works to purchase two Bobcats and other pieces of equipment that significantly reduced the time to complete different projects, saving City funds.
- Helped bring the Arnold Recreation Center and the Library to our City in 2005.
- Served on the Arnold Parks & Recreation Board from 2005-2009.
- Organized the Arnold Days Car Show, with proceeds raising over $2,000 each year for the Arnold Police Department “DARE” program.
- Helped bring over $100 million in new union construction jobs to Arnold, creating over 1,000 new retail jobs.
- Received the Clean Stream River Stewardship Award in 2006 and a past member of Arnold’s local Operation Clean Stream.
- Past president and treasurer of Sherwood Elementary PTO.
- Member of Arnold Eagles for over 35 years.